This treatment is a mechanical super exfoliation of the face and neck using gentle micro-crystals which flow through a handheld wand onto the skin with a constant vacuum. We offer a choice of two exfoliation options of our traditional aluminum oxide crystals or our organic grain which is finely crushed walnut shells. A combination of both may be recommended to treat hormonal and sun induced pigmentation issues. This is a wonderful treatment to reveal healthier, smoother skin by removing the outermost layer (Stratum Corneum) of dead skin cells. When done regularly this treatment has been known beneficial in the prevention and healing of acne and ingrown facial hair, loosen debris in pores and control oil. Fabulous for anti-aging to stimulate collagen and elastin, increase circulation, soften the appearance of fine lines, mild scarring and hyperpigmentation. Results are cumulative, so a series of at least 3 - 5 treatments is suggested every 2-weeks. Results and the number of treatments will vary for each client. Periodic follow-up treatments will be suggested to maintenance results. This is an awesome treatment for both men and women. UV protection and avoidance is strongly suggested during and after entire course of treatment to protect overall health of skin and preserve results. A consultation is needed prior to treatment.
Face and Neck
Pure Aluminum Oxide Crystals 60 min/$100.00
Organic Grains 60 min/$125.00
Crystal & Grain Combo 75 min/$145.00
Include the Chest - Add-On $30.00
Microdermabrasion may be added to the Relaxing Luxury or the Reviving Gentleman’s facials.
Pure Aluminum Oxide Crystals 120 min/$175.00
Organic Grains 120 min/$200.00
Crystal & Grain Combo 135 min/$220.00
Include the Chest - Add-On $30.00
Contraindications For Microdermabrasion
Skin cancer, sunburn, windburn, diabetes, blood coagulation disorders, taking blood thinners or high doses or frequent use of aspirin, active cold sores, severe active acne breakout, pregnancy, Accutane or Isotretinoin, Retin-A, inflamed, swollen, peeling or bruised skin, recent painful dental work including surgery or sensitivities of braces, prone to keloid scarring.
Important Things to Consider Before Microdermabrasion
- Avoid physical and chemical exfoliation products for 5 days prior to treatment.
- Accutane (Isotretinoin) – Must wait 12 months.
- Aspirin – Stop taking 1 week before.
- Retin-A or Similar Prescription and OTC retinoids – Discontinue 7 days before treatment.
- Botox, Cosmetic Fillers, Laser and IPL Treatments - Wait 2 weeks.
- Chemical Peels – Must wait 2 weeks or longer depending on depth of peel.
- Dermaplaning – Wait 2-3 weeks depending on treatment.
- Facial Waxing - Wait 1 week.
Important Post Microdermabrasion Treatment Information
Post Treatment Care - For the first 5 days your skin may look and feel a bit like a sunburn. It may become flakey and feel tight and dry. It's important to keep skin calm and moisturized. Cleanse with a gentle, hydrating wash or cleansing milk and cool or tepid water. Gentle treatment serums containing peptides and Hyaluronic acid will penetrate deeper and are encouraged. Avoid wearing make-up for 24 hours, opt for mineral make-up which is less irritating and also offers a very small amount of sun protection, use clean brushes and applicators. Skin care products with actives including glycolic acid, retinols and exfoliating cleansers may be resumed 5 days after treatment.
- Sun Exposure – Avoid as much as possible, Apply a Broad Spectrum SPF30 daily whether indoors or a cloudy day, higher SPF if outside and reapplying every 2 hours, wear a large brimmed hat and seek shade. Protect the health of your skin and the investment you're making for it.
- Retin-A – Wait 7 days post treatment before restarting.
- Facial Waxing – Wait 1 week
- Excessive Heat – Avoid for at least 24 - 48 hours, heavy workouts, saunas, steam rooms and hot tubs.
- Swimming Pools – Wait 24-48 hours post treatment.